Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cannabinoids



Cannabinoids are chemical(terpenophenolic) compounds that activate cannabinoid receptors.







In a previous post, Why does cannabis affect us?, I briefly discussed cannabinoids and their interactions with cannabinoid receptors.


Cannabinoid interaction



Today, I am going to further discuss cannabinoids and briefly describe the various types.



In later posts, I will discuss each cannabinoid in more detail, their effects, uses and some history.

To date, there are 85 known cannabinoids in cannabis, but there may be more, time and further research will tell. Not all of the known cannabinoids are named and information about all of the cannabinoids is still undergoing further research.

Endocannabinoid System

Here is some of what we do know today.


There are three types of cannabinoids:

Endocannabinoids: these cannabinoids are produced naturally by humans and animals

Phytocannabinoids: these cannabinoids are produced naturally by plants

Synthetic cannabinoids: these cannabinoids are
produced chemically by humans


Cannabinoids in cannabis are:

THC- Tetrahydrocannabinol
CBD- Cannabidiol
CBN- Cannabinol
CBG- Cannabigerol
THCV- Tetrahydrocannabivarin
CBDV- Cannabidivarin
CBC- Cannabichromene

Tattoo of THC molecule


Synthetic/Patented cannabinoids from cannabis are:

Dronabinol- Marinol
Nabilone- Cesamet
Sativex
Rimonabant- Acomplia



Purely Synthetic cannabinoids from cannabis are:

JWH-018: Spice
CP-55940
Dimethylheptylpyran
HU-210
HU-331
SR144528
WIN 55,212-2
JWH-133
Levonantradol- Nantrodolum
AM-2201
Endocannabinoid system













3 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. cannabidiol thc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. cbd gummies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us! romaleaf.com

    ReplyDelete